If you want to try a completely new style and also protect your natural hair, a weave would be a great choice for you. A weave gives you the freedom to try any hairstyle you like in any color and in any length. Not only that, but weave hairstyles are protective so your hair will be safe from heat styling and more. This protective style can be a perfect way to maximize on the growth and length retention of your natural hair. These are also low maintenance too, so are great for busy women and for times when you need fabulous hair without minimal effort, such as when you are on vacation.
Weave tips you need to know:
- Your new weave hairstyle shouldn’t hurt, be too tight or make your head feel like it’s on fire. A little pain is fine as long it doesn’t last for days.
- Maintain it. You want to condition the weave hair but also your natural hair. Just because you got weave in doesn’t mean you forget about your natural curls. This will make your hair last longer and look a lot better. Simply pour shampoo all up in the roots, let it seep into your hair, scrub it and then rinse it out.
- Don’t overdo with heat styling.
- Make sure to oil your edges as well as your scalp. You don’t want any dry scalp or dandruff. You can use jojoba, olive or coconut oil. Any type of oil that will nourish the hair is a must have.
- Take breaks. Give your natural hair a break every once in a while, you don’t want to just keep getting weave after weave. If you take out your weave and see a lot of breakage, it’s probably because you need to give your hair more breaks.
- Invest in learning how to shape the weave. Your weave will look better if you add some layers in it and shape it so it can blend with your hair.
- Blend your leave out.
To give you some hair inspiration, we have found 23 of the best weave hairstyles on Instagram. You will find trendy updos, stylish cuts, curls and more!
1. Voluminous, Bouncy Hair
The first weave hairstyle that we have to show you is very glamorous! The hair sits at a length just past the shoulders and it is wavy and full of volume. It is a stunning hairstyle that would be perfect for a special event as you will definitely steal the limelight. A chic hairstyle like this will look amazing on everyone.
2. Long Curly Ponytail
Ponytails are easy to wear and will always make you look stylish. Next, we have gorgeous example of the type of ponytail that you could try. The hair is very sleek with a side part and the ponytail begins at the nape of the neck. For the actual ponytail, the hair is very long and curly. We love the curly and sleek combination, it is so beautiful and statement making. Recreate this or you can try a shorter ponytail too.
3. Bob Weave Hairstyle
Next, we have a gorgeous bob hairstyle. For this look, the hair is quite short and it is parted on the side. It is just a stylish, simple and easy to wear hairstyle that will suit everyone. A classic bob cut like this is versatile too and can be worn for any occasion from work to a night out. Keep it chic and low-key like this or try a similar bob in a bolder color. Either way, it will look stunning.
4. Two Braid Hairstyle
Looking for a braided hairstyle? Then take a look at this. The hair is styled into two braids and towards the nape of the neck, the braids end and two long curly ponytails begin. This is such a cute and stylish idea. You can recreate this or try two different braids, you can also make the ponytails shorter too.
5. Vibrant Blue Weave Idea
Love bold hair colors and like standing out from the crowd? If so, this hair idea could be perfect for you. Here we have long beautiful hair that is a vibrant and vivid blue shade. The color is stunning and it really makes a statement. Recreate this blue hairstyle or you can try a lighter shade with a similar style. You could also try the blue on a different cut too, a blue bob would look fabulous!
6. Curly Weave Hairstyle
This next hair idea is one of our favorites! Here we have a long and curly weave. The curls are stunning and this is a very beautiful style. You can check out how this hairstyle was created on the page below. It is a gorgeous weave and something similar will look amazing on everyone. This is perfect for the ladies who have been feeling a bit drab and who want to glam up their look.
7. Sleek Ombre Bob
Thinking about changing up your look with a new and trendy hairstyle? Then a bob like this could be perfect for you. This hairstyle features a beautiful short and sleek bob with ombre color. We love the combination of the cut and ombre color because the two look so edgy and stylish together. Recreate a warm red look like this or you can choose any color for the ombre.
8. Bubble Ponytail and Braids
Another must-have hairstyle is a bubble ponytail. It has recently been seen on Dawn Richard at the BET Awards and she wore it in style! This next hair idea shows another gorgeous way to wear the ponytail. Her hair is styled into a high ponytail with the bubble design and there are some beautiful side braids too. This is an edgy and unique version of the ponytail and we love it! You can check out tutorials online to show you how to create the bubble look.
9. Short Curly Bob
Next, we have another bob hairstyle to show you. This one is so chic and elegant! The hair is parted to the side, has beautiful curls and is about chin length. A hairstyle like this is stylish and sophisticated and it will keep you looking glam for any occasion. It will also be great for the summer too.